Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Tree up early!


Look, I know we're early and I'm sure this will backfire horribly (because Eli already thinks that Christmas is upon us and we've still got more than a month to go!), but since Grandma Susan is here at the moment, we thought it would be fun to whack the Christmas tree up now.


First we had to head to the shops to get some decorations - we didn't have many last year - and Eli was very excited to cruise around looking for all of the blue, and often extremely delicate, decorations he could find. Thankfully we didn't break anything and we ended up with a blue-dominated, but not excessively blue, collection.

As soon as we got back home, Eli was into Christmas tree construction mode...



Once the tree was up, Eli was straight into the decorations. On my prompting, he posed for an 'icicle earring' photo, but it wasn't long before he just wanted all of the decorations on the tree.



Grandma Susan and I couldn't keep up with the pace at which he was delivering decorations to the tree, but we eventually got all of the decorations up (aside from a few that didn't come with hooks). Eli was so enamoured with the blue icicle decorations that we bought that he composed a short song...



The finishing touches to the tree included some fairy lights and the hanging of the remaining balls (I had to make a second trip to the shops to get these last few items).



As you can imagine, Eli really loves the tree and declares, quite often as he walks past it, "I love our Christmas tree!". I just hope that he'll still love it after a month and a bit of waiting for Christmas day. I thought I'd finish this post with just a few of my 'arty' shots of the tree at nighttime...

No comments: