Tuesday, November 23, 2010

The new blue Mongoose!


After bike week at Eli's daycare centre a few months ago, I decided that Eli was probably ready to graduate from his red tricycle to a 'big boy bike' with trainer wheels. When I put this to him recently, he agreed heartily, on the proviso that his new bike would be blue.


Since we've got Grandma Susan visiting at the moment, I thought it would be good to get a new bike for Eli now (an early Christmas present from me) and after some searching, we were lucky enough to happen across a suitably sized, and suitably blue, mongoose 16".



I wanted to get a bike that Eli will be able to use for quite a while and I think he'll really enjoy it. So far his 'rides' have been restricted to the garage, but I'm sure we'll soon be out and about on the local bike paths...I think the next task for me will be to dust off my bike too.

As you can see from the video below, Eli is already a competent rider - here he turns the sharp corner in the garage with just one hand on the handlebars...much to my chagrin. And yes, I'm already fearing how his fearless attitude and unconstrained gusto for life will manifested itself out on the bike paths.

No comments: