Monday, November 8, 2010

A future Socceroo?


For the past four weeks Eli and I have been attending a 'Soccer for Juniors' program at a local school. The goal (pardon the pun) is to get kids interested in soccer and to develop some of the skills that will help them down the track. Eli's class was supposed to be a class for 3 year olds, but there weren't enough youngsters enrolled, so the 3s and 4s got rolled into one class. Despite some size and age differences, those of you that know Eli well will appreciate that he certainly holds his own.


Here are some videos of Eli weaving through some obstacles before burying the ball in the back of the net. He even easily beat me (and I used to fancy myself as I bit of a goal keeper)...



Overall it is a really fun course and Eli has learnt how to trap, dribble and pass (NB these are legitimate soccering terms not toddler ones). Not sure if he's destined for greatness, but he kicks well and enjoys a run on a Sunday morning (and so do I), so I think it's been well worth the investment.

No comments: