Saturday, April 25, 2009

And then he was two.

Eli's 2nd birthday conveniently fell on a weekend. So, on Saturday April 4, we decided to celebrate his birthday and remember his wonderful mum with all of the people from work that have been so supportive of us over the past 4 months...





Before everyone arrived, Eli and his cousin Alora, got into the swing of things by attacking me with some party toys!





Once everyone arrived, the kids played pass the parcel, courtesy of Vanessa's family for organising it, which was a big hit. Every layer of the parcel had a jelly snake, so every player won something.

Since Eli isn't familiar with eating these sorts of things...he gave it to me and then watched very closely as I devoured it...

After the fun of the game, it was time for Eli to blow out the candles on his cake. My mum had gone to great lengths to prepare him for this important task and he took to it with ease...there's nothing quite like blowing out a flame for a little boy I reckon. My mum had also gone to a lot of trouble crafting a Thomas and Toby cake (Eli's favourite tv characters at present) and he loved it. In fact, he wouldn't let us throw it out for at least a week after his birthday.


After the cake cutting, it was time to open presents. I'd asked people not to bring anything for Eli, since he already has so many toys, but I don't think anyone took notice of that advice. So, there was a mountain of gifts to unwrap, which, as you can see, kept Eli, myself and I host of other kids busy for quite a while.


We all had a great day and Eli handled all of the excitement and attention really well...not too surprising, since he tends to love a crowd to perform in front of. We finished off the day with another candle-blowing session in his high chair.

No comments: