Saturday, September 3, 2011

The visitor.


On the way home from the shops yesterday, Eli and I saw a white kookaburra. It had swooped down for a swim in the creek and was shaking itself on the railing near the bridge. It is pretty strange seeing a white kookaburra - from what I understand they are uncommon but not unheard of - so Eli and I did a u-turn and went back and watched him some more.
We're pretty sure that he's part of the very big kookaburra family that routinely wakes me up at sunrise each morning...

Later that day, when Eli was playing out in our front yard, we had a visit from the white kookaburra. It perched in our Poinsiana tree, and watched Eli intently (in the hope that he'd disturb some tasty grubs with his digging and garden rumaging).



It was a pretty windy afternoon, so the white kookaburra's feathers were being blown around a bit and Eli and I thought that he looked similar to how Grandad looks when Eli messes his hair up (which happens almost everytime we get together!).



After Eli had finished playing in the front yard, the white kookaburra disappeared, but I have a funny feeling that we'll be seeing him around...


No comments: